Friday, January 26, 2007

Dogs Playing Poker


So I haven't posted about playing cards in a very long time. It's not that I haven't played (how could that be!); I've just been preoccupied with other stuff.

But I'm about to go on an adventure to Macau (biggest gambling city in the world!) so I thought I better warm up. What better place than the local Elks lodge. I mean there's no one speaking in Chinese (well no one even Asian at this game), there were no prostitiutes (well at least no one that had prostituted themself lately- except maybe the sales guys), and no unrecognizable food (other than the 12 year old popcorn we were eating.) But other than that, it was just like Macau.

Since it seems a common theme in Asian gaming is some form of dice and cards (been to Garden City?) we did the same. It was huge fun; but slowed the poker to halt during critical calls ("6 sixes...BULLSHIT"), so I don't know if I'll repeat. But the best part is this pic I took I like to call Dogs Playing Poker. How many vices can you count (yes, the my BlackBerry is one...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home