Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mobile Blogging!

It works! Awesome. Now I can spend my idle moments waiting for decent cards boring other people with my inane writing. I love technology.

(BTW, check out go.blogger.com if you want to go mobile. Works great from the CrackBerry.)

Did you ever have someone so ludicrously helpful you just wanted to tell them to shut the hell up (but you couldn't cuz they were so nice)? Such was my relationship with Titi (real name) who was my overly helpful check-in lady tonight.

I had to wait about a half an hour on line at the Trop to meet Ms. Tiki (Ethiopa), time I spend tooling with mobile blogger on my cellie. Little did I know I would be spending about 10 minutes checking in because Tiki had to tell me EVERYTHING about the Trop.

I'm serious, damn near everything. And she had to illustrate it to boot.

She pulls out a map on which I want simple directions to the supposed WiFi hotspot at the hotel (only dialup in this fleabag). She proceeds to draw on the map, like some crazed pregnant Ethiopian John Madden, plotting plays for how I will get from here to there.

"Here's the cafe, in case you want something to eat. It is open 24/7!", and she write "Cafe, 24/7" on the map.

"Here's the Sundries shop, it's called Sundries, not Gift Shop so don't get confused!" and she writes "Sundrees" on the map, right next to "Sundries" which is already on said map.

OK, I get the picture, I think.

She goes on to tell me all the other places of interest in the Trop. You'd think that wouldn't take very long because this place is a shithole, but it did. She even went on to explain that "all the local calls I can make are only a DOLLAR-A-DAY, so make sure to call all my friends". My cell sitting on the counter didn't clue her in to my telecom capability.

You know what? Now I have wasted more time typing this than it took. Screw it, I'm gonna go play cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home